Sunday 24 May 2015

Sushi 88 Review

As a frequent diner on Somerset street, I've passed by Sushi 88 numerous times but until yesterday, have never tried it.

I was surprised to find that the interior was quite nice. Many of the other restaurants on Somerset seem to focus more on food and less on the decor.


I tried the Chicken Teriyaki lunch special ($10.95). It came with your choice of a miso soup or garden salad. Lunch specials range from $7 to $18. 



I opted for the salad and was pleasantly surprised that the ginger sauce was authentic! I could taste the generous amount of ginger used in the sauce.



My meal was just the right portion size for me. However, my friend found her meal too small for her. She ordered the Sushi Temptation lunch special ($9.25).



The service was prompt as there were not too many other diners. This was surprising as it was noon on a Saturday. There was one waitress and one sushi chef when we were there. Although the service and food quality was good, I don't think I will be visiting Sushi 88 again in the near future. I found that the prices are too high for the portion size you get.

Sushi 88
Address: 690 Somerset St. West
Phone: 613-233-3288

Until next time,

-Capital City Girl

No comments:

Post a Comment