Have you ever heard of the expression "You are what you eat"?
Today I'm going to share a recipe for an anti aging soup, otherwise know as the Snow Fungus Soup. I first heard about this soup from a friend who does a lot of Asian cooking. This is the second time making this soup. It is supposed to be one of the secrets to the youthfulness that Asian women all seem to have.
The benefits of this soup includes:
- collagen from white fungus
- antioxidants from red dates and goji berries
- rich source of fibre
- curbing your sugar cravings
- goji berries 3 tablespoon
- lotus seeds 2 tablespoon
- lily bulbs 2 tablespoon
- dried longan fruit 1 tablespoon
- dried pitted red dates 3 tablespoon
- white fungus 1 whole
- brown sugar to taste
- papaya (optional)
1. Rinse and soak all ingredients for a minimum of 4 hours.
2. Trim snow fungus and discard the yellow center.
3. Place snow fungus, lotus seeds, lily bulbs, longans, papaya (optional) and red dates in 2 L of boiling water.
4. Turn to medium heat and cook for 1 hour.
5. Add the remaining ingredients with the soup and cook for another 30 minutes.
6. Say bye-bye to wrinkles and hello to glowing skin!
It can be refrigerated for up to 1 week in an airtight container. Delicious when consumed hot or cold and perfect for all seasons.
Until next time,
♥Capital City Girl