1. Stop everything you're doing and just BREATHE. It's as simple as it sounds. Just take a moment to breathe in deeply. Do this 10 times, focusing only on breathing and nothing else.
2. Listen to some classical music. Don't know where to start? Here are some classical songs that never fail to relax me:
- Air by Bach
- Pathetique by Beethoven (the video below is the Yundi Li version)
- Moonlight Sonata by Beethoven
- Spring by Vivaldi
- Canon in D Major by Pachelbel
3. Go for a walk. It doesn't matter if you're stuck in the office or if it's raining cats and dogs here. Just get up and walk. Whether it's a quick walk to the washroom or down the stairs. WALK!
4. Smile. This is probably the last thing you want to do right now, but trust me and do it. Smile and hold the smile for 5 seconds. 5, 4, 3, 2, 1. Wasn't that easy? Now relax your jaw and do that again. Really mean it. Just pretend you get an extra thousand dollars for every inch your smile stretches. Easy money!
5. Finally, think. Will this really matter in 5 years? Really? Really? Really? No matter how bad it seems right now, it will probably end up as just a vague memory you will laugh about at most.
Remember, "growth is when you realize that not every situation deserves your anger or even your attention".
Remember: don't worry, just be happy.
♥Capital City Girl