I fell in love with the J. Crew Martie pants but couldn't bring myself to buy it for the hefty $89 price tag. So naturally.. I was on the hunt for a good dupe. Lo and behold... that was how I discovered the amazing Old Navy Pixie Pants!!!
- Relatively cheap compared to the J. Crew pants. I purchased my first pair in store for $27 after a 30% discount. My second pair, I purchased online for $16! This was after a 40% off one item promotion Old Navy had online a few weeks ago. That means I can buy FIVE (and a half) pairs of the Old Navy Pixie Pants for the same prices as ONE pair of the J. Crew Minnie or Martie Pants. Even at full price, they are less than half the price of the J. Crew Minnies and Marties.
- Machine washable for those of us who hate going to the dry cleaners every week
- Super comfy and stretchy. These are my go to pants when I'm having a fat day.
- They WILL shrink if you put them in the dryer, so line dry only!
- Super addictive, your other pants may feel jealous of your Pixies for getting so much wear.
Differences between J. Crew and Old Navy Pixie Pants
- Both the J. Crew Minnie and Martie have a side zipper, while the Old Navy Pixies have a regular zipper with a double hook closure. I personally like Old Navy's zipper more for the comfort factor.
- The Pixies have belt loops while the Minnie and Martie do not have belt loops.
- The Old Navy pants are machine washable, while the Minnies are dry clean only
- and of course the price!
Other than the differences noted above, the fit, feel and material are identical. Both stores use a 95% cotton and 5% spandex composition for the pants. So naturally, your skin will thank you for the breathable fabric.
Overall, I would prefer buying the Old Navy Pixie Pants in 5 different colours than to invest in one pair of J. Crew pants. Good job Old Navy, you are slowly reeling me in.
The commercials didn't lie!
~Capital City Girl