Sunday 13 December 2015

La Roche Posay Hydraphase UV 30 Review

As someone with dry skin will tell you, a good moisturizer is absolutely essential! For me, that facial moisturizer is the Hydraphase UV from La Roche Posay. It's gentle enough for my sensitive and redness prone skin but moisturizing enough for the Canadian winters. 


What drew me to this facial moisturzier initially was it's PPD rating. Apparently this is the highest PPD rated moisturizer without actually being labelled as an actual "sunscreen". It lists the famous Mexorl SX as one of its active ingredients and boasts an SPF protection of 30. 


The consistency of the moisturizer is very light and milky. The velocity of it is between a light serum and lotion. It always goes on clear and doesn't leave any white patches like other moisturizers with SPF usually do. For those that are scent-sensitive, it does have a strong smell. However, the smell is quite pleasant. It would be a good idea for La Roche Posay to make one that's fragrance-free for those in need. 


The packaging of the Hydraphase UV is super convenient for people on the go. It not only comes in a pump style container, but it also comes with a secure lid. Since it's only 50 ML, it meets airline liquid carry-on restrictions. I've had no trouble carrying this on in a Ziploc bag during my travels to Asia. 


I purchased this from Shopper's Drug Mart for $36 but I believe the price has gone up to $38 now. I try to wait until SDM has 20x the points before stocking up again. With daily use, one bottle lasts me about 4 months. Overall, this is a moisturizer that I always coming back to and would recommend it to those who have sensitive skin and want sun protection.  

~Capital City Girl

No comments:

Post a Comment